Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Account Manager’s primary role is business to business customer management while prospecting for opportunities in defined region (West Coast). This position is the voice of customer that drives innovative solution for both customer and company while having conviction, passion, and a drive to success.
- Responsible for selling, sales strategy, developing and influencing environmental non-profit groups, utilities, and related government agencies in defined North America region.
- Working with Lion Electric vehicle sale representatives in defined North America region identifying customers that are interested in charging infrastructure solutions related class 5-8 electric trucks.
- Develop and execute an aggressive sales plan for defined North American region while balancing the needs of the organization.
- Prospect via cold-calling, social media, referrals, introductions from industry stakeholders, trade shows, events, etc…
- Assist fleets with securing public funding for infrastructure projects where applicable.
- Ability to assess fleet operations and site needs for installation of infrastructure.
- Work cross functionally with numerous internal departs to drive innovative solutions.
- Provide a best-in-class customer service experience for all contacts.
- Proficient in English and French if region includes Quebec, CA.
- Understanding of EV industry knowledge, prefer EVSE’s
- Proficient in MS Office, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or an equivalent.
- Ability to set schedule and meet in person or video conference with customer
- Ability to evaluate opportunities, prioritize, and close sales.
- Ability to interact with private, public and non-profits organizations
- Structure, develop, present, negotiate and close complex sales agreements.
- Set sales objectives, forecast sales, and complete reporting for defined region.
- A very good presenter.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Work and communicate with functional staff and C-Suite decision makers.
- Ability to work in an innovative and thrive with a rapidly growing company and market.
Aptitudes and attitudes
- Be results oriented.
- Be passionate.
- Be proactive.
- Be autonomous.
- Be innovative.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or higher.
- 2-5 years of experience in outside business to business sales.
- Experience in one or more related field – EVSE, school bus, transit bus, and electric vehicle or advanced clean transportation industries.
- Experience selling to fleet managers, government, and municipalities.
- Experience influencing and negotiating.
- Prefer public speaking.
- Required to travel.
The job is performed both indoors in a traditional office setting and outdoors traveling to and from customer accounts and sales offices. Activities include periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer or other device. Typing and applying pressure with the fingers and palm required. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
Regular travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is required. Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Exposure to heavy duty equipment and vehicles as needed to present product.
The Lion Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law. As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. We are ADA compliant and provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.