Innovative manufacturer of zero-emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we help improve our environment and our society.
Come build the future with us!
Why you should join our team
- You’ll work in an exciting and constantly evolving work environment (you won’t get bored with us)!
- We totally understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your hours are flexible, and we trust you!
- We are really opened to having employees working remotely – we know it works!
- We offer (rock-solid) insurance coverage, and a great employee assistance program!
Reporting to the Director of Government Relations, the Government Communications Manager would oversee messaging designed to influence public policy, funding, legislation, and stakeholders. This position would help tell Lion’s story when it comes to elected official engagement, Ride & Drive events at State Capitols and in Washington D.C., and work with the Government Relations Director to develop online campaigns. This position would help Lion develop messaging around political events, think through preemptive campaigns for legislation and funding, and help highlight political messages necessary to open states and local markets to EVs and EV infrastructure.
As part of your daily work, you would have to:
- Take responsibility for drafting political communications strategy and implementation plans for The Lion Electric, Co.,
- Communicate benefits of all-electric propulsion technology over conventional: assist stakeholder and decision-makers with talking points and campaign information on transitioning fleets to EV,
- Keep the team up to date on all government related issues surrounding the electric vehicle industry,
- Be able to execute a game plan and strategies of the company,
- Mentor and develop future leaders,
- Execute any other related tasks.
If you read our description this far, it means you’re interested! Read on…
What you need to succeed in this position:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the field,
- 5+ years experience in Government Relations, Public Affairs, Policy Development, or similar fields,
- Experience with legislative process and lobbying practices,
- Knowledge or interest in electric vehicles, EV infrastructure, climate change, and/or transportation.
Specific Skills and/or Abilities
- Documented-Proven track record with successful legislative implementation (legislation passed),
- Ability to evaluate opportunities, prioritize, and create campaigns around legislation or public policy,
- Experience drafting strategic government relations plans,
- Experience working with government, municipalities, B2B,
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the community including city councils, utilities, etc.,
- Ability to leverage community-based organizations to meet legislative goals,
- Proven experience in influencing and leading,
- Excellent presentation skills,
- Public speaking experience,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work and communicate with both functional staff and C-suite level staff,
- Creative, proactive, autonomous,
- Be required to travel as needed,
- Be able to work in an innovative context.
Languages and IT Knowledge
- English – Full Fluency,
- Bilingual is a plus,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or another CRM database.
We can’t wait to talk with you!