Innovative manufacturer of zero-emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we help improve our environment and our society.
Come build the future with us!
Why you should join our team
- You’ll work in an exciting and constantly evolving work environment (you won’t get bored with us)!
- We totally understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your hours are flexible, and we trust you!
- We are really opened to having employees working remotely – we know it works!
- We offer (rock-solid) insurance coverage, and a great employee assistance program!
Reporting to the Director of Government Relations, the Government Relations Analyst will be responsible for tracking state legislation and regulations/grants throughout regions. This team would be subject matter experts on legislation, funding availability, and political partners for their respective regions. Analysts would lobby bills at state capitols as well as testify in their regions and respective states. Working with the Government Relations Director, the Analyst will be a critical partner in growing sales opportunities for Lion’s product line and services.
As part of your daily work, you would have to:
- Take responsibility for drafting policy priorities and implementation plan for The Lion Electric, Co.,
- Keep the team up to date on all government related issues surrounding the electric vehicle industry,
- Be Visionary – be able to paint vision and motivate individuals and team to common goal,
- Execute a game plan and strategies of the company,
- Influence Grants and Government Agencies for grants and fundings,
- Communicate benefits of all-electric propulsion technology over conventional: assist fleets with securing public funding for projects where applicable,
- Execute any other related tasks.
If you read our description this far, it means you’re interested! Read on…
What you need to succeed in this position:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience,
- 5+ years experience in Government Relations or Policy Development & Implementation,
- Experience with legislative process and lobbying practices,
- Experience in government affairs, procedures, policies,
- Knowledge and industry business development experience in trucking industry, electric vehicles, or advanced clean transportation industry,
- Preferred experience working with Grant and Funding Agencies.
Specific Skills and/or Abilities
- Documented-Proven track record with successful legislative implementation (legislation passed),
- Ability to evaluate opportunities, prioritize, and pass legislation,
- Experience drafting strategic government relations plans,
- Experience working with government, municipalities, and community stakeholders,
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the community including city councils, utilities, etc.,
- Ability to leverage community-based organizations to meet legislative goals,
- Proven experience in influencing and leading,
- Excellent presentation skills,
- Public speaking experience,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work and communicate with both functional staff and C-suite level staff,
- Creative, proactive, autonomous,
- Be required to travel as needed,
- Be able to work in an innovative context.
Languages and IT Knowledge
- English – Full Fluency,
- Bilingual is a plus,
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365 or another CRM database.
We can’t wait to talk with you!