Innovative manufacturer of zero-emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we help improve our environment and our society.
Come build the future with us!
Why you should join our team
- You’ll work in an exciting and constantly evolving work environment (you won’t get bored with us)!
- We totally understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your hours are flexible, and we trust you!
- We are really opened to having employees working remotely – we know it works!
- We offer (rock-solid) insurance coverage, and a great employee assistance program!
- At Lion, your career potential is limitless!
The Director of the ERP Centre of Excellence is responsible for creating and configuring, maintaining and improving the portfolio of ERP and MES applications.
They will lead a multidisciplinary team of analysts, developers, IT and business specialists and external suppliers. Always on the lookout for new technologies, they'll work closely with business units, plant managers and IT managers to provide Lion users with innovative, efficient and easy-to-use solutions that support the company's strategic initiatives and growth plan.
As part of your daily work, you would be responsible of the:
To ensure that the applications meet business needs in a cost-effective manner. More specifically, they will:
- Oversee the full lifecycle of ERP/MES applications and ensure that solutions are designed within the framework of business requirements, standards and architecture guidelines.
- Manage the rapidly growing portfolio of requests and requirements by planning, prioritizing and following up with internal clients at multiple plants.
- Oversee project implementation within established scope, quality, cost and time limits.
- Ensure SOX compliance for software development.
- Recommend process improvements by building relationships with the organization's business process owners.
- Lead negotiations with third parties (ex. contracts) and oversee supplier activities (subcontractors, external services).
- Develop strategies with new suppliers to deliver more projects concurrently.
- Manage maintenance quality and profitability (user support and training, incident and problem management, improvements, upgrades, etc.).
- Supervise support activities with the infrastructure and operations teams to ensure that applications are working well in production.
- Ensure that ERP applications are effectively secured and risks mitigated.
Leadership and management
The ERP Centre of Excellence Director will oversee all activities that optimize the value, cost and risk of their application portfolio while managing their team's day-to-day priorities:
- Provide leadership and focus in line with the business strategy.
- Build roadmaps and propose action plans to support priority initiatives.
- Set and execute the sector's annual objectives within management's priorities.
- Oversee their team's work, set individual expectations and goals, as well as performance criteria, then evaluate achievement.
- Recruit, hire and engage the team by developing their skills and abilities to meet the organization's needs.
- Move the team toward an Agile software development cycle.
- Develop and maintain integrations between the systems.
- Build the team's cloud solutions and business intelligence.
- Set and manage their sector's budgets (OPEX/CAPEX).
If you read our description this far, it means you’re interested! Read on…
What you need to succeed in this position:
- Excellent knowledge of ERP, MES and other manufacturing systems in a similar manufacturing context
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and application management in a public enterprise context (SOX)
- Knowledge of Infor Syteline ERP software an asset
- Bilingual in French and English
- Inspiring and personal leadership approach
- Works well under pressure and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and priority management skills
- Good understanding of business needs to solve complex problems
- Prioritizes and assesses solutions and impacts well
Aptitudes / Approaches
- Takes the initiative and is highly autonomous
- Can manage a multidisciplinary team and suppliers
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as people skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and/or any other relevant training with a minimum of 5 in a similar role
- 5 to 10 years of experience managing and developing an application portfolio
- Proven experience developing and leading an ERP Centre of Excellence including support and project management
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary, multi-site teams in a context of hyper-growth
- Practical experience in business process improvement (BPI) and ERP deployment
- Experience deploying Agile methodology
- Experience in the manufacturing industry, vehicles an asset
We can’t wait to talk with you!