Innovative manufacturer of zero-emission vehicles
Leader in transportation electrification in North America
Every day, in our own way, we help improve our environment and our society.
Come build the future with us!
Why you should join our team
- You’ll work in an exciting and constantly evolving work environment (you won’t get bored with us)!
- We totally understand. Your family and your health come first!
- Your hours are flexible, and we trust you!
- We are really opened to having employees working remotely – we know it works!
- We offer (rock-solid) insurance coverage, and a great employee assistance program!
- At Lion, your career potential is limitless!
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining various strategies, developing relationships with market influencers, and creating, maintaining, and influencing grant and government agencies in the EV market as designated by the Director of Business Development.
As part of your daily work, you would have to:
- Supporting the Director of Business Development in developing strategies to target key areas/regions of interest across the USA,
- Creating communications and detailed plans on how to raise EV awareness and the process of electrifying fleets,
- Simplifying the process of electrifying fleets, attaining grants, and outlining the steps for converting fleets,
- Making what may seem like a novel concept or distant possibility very real and attainable through creative thinking and new strategies,
- Identifying municipal and private fleets that are interested in deploying electric school buses and electric transit buses,
- Developing relationships via cold-calling, referrals, introductions from industry stakeholders, trade shows, events, etc.,
- Identifying key personnel at target fleets,
- Coordinating product demonstrations (Ride & Drive events),
- Communicating benefits of all-electric propulsion technology over conventional; assisting fleets with securing public funding for projects where applicable,
- Authoring and securing contracts for pilot projects and large deployments,
- Execute any other related tasks.
If you read our description this far, it means you’re interested! Read on…
What you need to succeed in this position:
Education and experience
- Currently has a Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent Experience,
- 5 Years Experience in Sales and/or Business Development; Sustainability Industry, Transportation Industry, EV Industry a plus,
- Knowledge and Industry Business Development Experience in Trucking Industry, Electric Vehicle, or Advanced Clean Transportation Industry, ITS or Related Industries,
- Preferred Experience Working with Grant and Funding Agencies.
Specific skills and/or Abilities
- Documented-Proven Track Record in Sales & Transportation/EV industry,
- Ability to Evaluate Opportunities, Prioritize, and Close; Results-Oriented,
- Identify and Build Relationships with Stakeholders, Key Influencers, and Decision Makers,
- Experience Working with Fleet Managers, Government, Municipalities,
- Ability to Communicate to All Levels of the Community Including City Councils, Utilities, etc.,
- Ability to Set Objectives, Forecast, and Complete Reporting,
- Proven Experience in Influencing and Leading,
- Excellent Presentation Skills,
- Public Speaking Experience,
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills,
- Ability to Work and Communicate with Both Functional Staff and C-Suite Level Staff,
- Creative, Proactive, Autonomous,
- Have a Valid Passport and be Able to Travel as Needed throughout the USA,
- Be Able to Work in an Innovative Context.
Languages (fluent and proficient)
- English – First Language,
- Spanish – Second Language is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM) or an equivalent.
We can’t wait to talk with you!